Review the rest of your experimental design for the crystal growing project. Please make changes if necessary. Don't forget to write down any observations you've made in class. You need to complete a journal for this project. Your project should have an entry in your journal from each class. You may take pictures if necessary and include them in your report. Make sure to include the failed attempts and modifications you've made to the procedures.
Attention Chemistry 11 students,
YOUR CRYSTAL GROWING project will start on TUESDAY. Be prepared to start logging your observations and come prepare to start your experiment.
Informal lab report
You must have the following sections in the lab. One lab report per group but both of you need to included both data tables from the lab.
3. Procedure (refer to page _________)
4. Data and Observations
5. Questions and Follow Up Questions (Q#1,2,3 & FQ #1,2)
The lab report is DUE next class
Finish the in class assignment
- Review graphing on page 23-24
- Do the section review questions on p27-30
Prepare for Lab 1B
- Read the lab (the entire lab including the questions that you have to answer later)
- Prepare any table(s) you might need to record your observations
- Do the prelab questions
Make a group for your crystal growing competition.
Get together with your group and make a plan.
Research and possibly outline your procedures.
Please come and talk to me if you have any questions or concerns.
The following links should be helpful.
National Crystal Growing Competition
This year, we are growing Aluminum potassium sulfate. Enjoy!!
Finish the in class assignment.
Do the review questions on p14-15
Study the lab glasswares/hardwares for the quiz next day.
The list of the common ones are found in your workbook and lab textbook.
I have also given you a handout from the lab textbook.
Finish the map of the classroom with all the safety equipment.
- you must include all the items discussed in class
(fire extinguishers, fire blankets, emergency shower, eye wash fountain, broken glass container, fume hood, fume hood switch, main gas shutoff valve, safety goggles, fans, switches for fans, spill control kit,
- color the map
- be neat and use a ruler to draw straight lines
- show the lab benches, gas valves, sinks, and any other big items in the classroom